Saturday, September 8, 2012

Resurrecting W&W

By Julia

 After the wedding (see last post), Tom and I decided to let Weddings and Whitewater fade into a fond memory - a keepsake from our trip.  I originally thought that since we were back from our trip and married, I wouldn't have anything to blog about.  Well, rather, I wouldn't have anything to blog about that other people would want to read.

  But after a very eventful year, I realized that I still want to share pictures and stories in a forum more intimate than Facebook.  There is a tool for every type of sharing these days, and I miss writing about our goings-on and reflecting upon what has transpired.  

 I've also learned that I'm a terrible record keeper.  I've purchased beautiful diaries only to loose interest after a few pages.  I've actually taken to tearing out the few diary entries and repurposing the journal into a medium for my many and endless lists.  Grocery, to-do, to-make-Tom-do etc.  The blogs I've kept, however, give a little extra incentive to sit down and write since I know people (most likely my parents and sisters) will be checking in for updates.  My mom recently dug out a journal from when my sister was a newborn.  We laughed at her insights and perspectives at the time and it reminded me of how important it is to keep a written record of our lives.  It allows us to laugh at our ignorance as we grow older and wizened! 

 So with renewed zeal for blogging and a year's worth of undocumented witty insights, I'm delighted to announce the resurrection of Weddings and Whitewater*!











*Now with more weddings than ever before!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment