By Julia
Stowe, Vermont
I'm only a little English by heritage, but I feel a strong pull towards absurd hats and high tea. It was in this vein that I woke up at 5:45 on Friday morning, baked scones and streamed the Royal Wedding on You Tube. Tom slept in, satisfied to watch the highlights later.
I have nothing new to say about the Royal Wedding. The dress was fabulous, the event was a much needed jolt of glamor into everyone' lives etc. I am merely bringing it up as an excuse to post the following photo:
Note the demonic flower girl on the bottom left. She was cropped out of many photos in the press, but NPR embraced this little gremlin, and even went so far as to do a
story about her.
The week before, I went down to New York City to catch up with my mom, Aunt Diane, my sister Bridget and my bridesmaids. We went wedding dress shopping, ate a lot of food, and generally had a fantabulous time. Here are a few photos from the weekend:
 |
| Heaven. |
 |
| How fun is this one? |
 |
| Bridget and Aunt Diane |
 |
| Bridget and me (this is not my dress) |
 |
| Cupcakes! |
 |
| Bridget, Diane, Mom and me |
 |
| The ladies out to dinner |
 |
| Diner in the West Village; Undisclosed time |
Thanks again to the wonderful women in my life that showed me such a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment