Stowe, Vermont
We're finally in Vermont and the tour de'northeast is almost over. We've been visiting family, preparing for the trip, and most of all... planning the wedding. Now, don't get me wrong, I love planning a good wedding as much as the next groom... in other words, I enjoy some aspects of the planning process such as picking out the venue and the band, but I can never get into the details to the degree the bride and her mother are able to. Things are, however, coming together nicely this week now that we're finally in Vermont and can see things ourselves and talk to people face to face.
We spent a week each at my mother's and my father's house. While we were with my dad, we headed over to Lake Placid in the Northern Adirondacks for an afternoon.
We also spent a week with my mom, who lives on the St. Lawrence River, overlooking the beautiful Canadian city of Brockville. There is always a nice sunset from her kitchen, deck or dock.
Julia's parents, Cathy and Rich, will be joining Julia and me at my mom's this coming weekend for some fun on the river. Then on Sunday, we head down to New Jersey with Julia's parents and fly out of Newark to embark on our journey!
Little full, lotta sap.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap! Tom, you've done got graduated and moved already. Time goes by fast. Welcome to the Masters club, congrats! I am so jealous and excited for your upcoming adventure and look forward to reading and following your marvelous trip. Be well, do good work, and stay in touch!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read all about your journey. Wish I was meeting you in some far-off locale. Have a wonderful time!
ReplyDelete