By Julia
Stowe, VT
It's been hard to post the last few weeks. Tom and I have been jetting off to weddings all over the U.S of A! It's been so amazing to celebrate and catch up with good friends.
My first event was the wedding of an old friend of mine, Adam, who I befriended on a Royal Caribbean cruise when I was 15. He and his twin brother Brian and I became fast friends in Alaska and kept in touch throughout the years, visiting each other in Tennessee and New Jersey as well as our respective colleges. When I moved down to Nashville for a few months a few years ago, I got to know Rachel, Adam's future bride. We connected almost immediately and now I'm equally close to both of them.
 |
| Rachel and Adam |
The event was beautiful. The Catholic ceremony was held in a gorgeous church in downtown Nashville. The reception was hosted at a hip bar in East Nashville. Dinner was served family style, with my favorite dish being the side of cheese grits. Oh, how I miss southern grits!
 |
| The getaway car |
 |
| The groom, Adam |
 |
| The reception |
Rachel and Adam are currently honeymooning in Europe. Congratulations you two!
Returning to Nashville was a blast. Tom had been before but it was still fun to show him my old haunts, visit the honky-tonk bars mid-day and eat at the Pancake Pantry. We stayed with one of Tom's groomsmen, Nick and his wife, Laura.
 |
| Honky-Tonks and PBR |
Tom and I returned home just long enough to log a few hours in at work and wash our travel underwear. By Thursday we were driving down to Boston. I left Tom with some friends in Beantown and headed to Denver by myself. This was to witness my dear friend Marie wed her longtime boyfriend, Adam.
I met Marie, known as Sharky by our group of friends, while volunteering in Tanzania. Our volunteer cohort was extremely tight, and Marie's wedding was the first time a group of us were able to get together in almost five years. Marie looked absolutely stunning, a far cry from our days in Africa where getting a brush through one's hair was a victory in personal hygiene.
 |
| SPW Reunion! |
 |
| The lovely bride and Nathan |
 |
| Sharky and Petey get hitched |
 |
| Photobooth Fun! |
Sharky's wedding was
so much fun that I called up Frontier the next morning and tried to postpone my flight by a day. Frontier, however, does not have a hangover forgiveness policy and I was forced to board my flight hiding behind dark sunglasses and clutching a bottle of Vitamin Water. The sign of a successful party!
Congratulations Sharky and Petey!
No comments:
Post a Comment